Our trek begins by crossing
the green, fertile foothills of
the Himalaya, through small
farming villages, terraced
hillsides, rhododendron and
bamboo forests, before
ascending to the pass at
Ghorapani. An early morning
excursion to the top of Poon Hill (3193m) will provide
splendid dawn views of the Kali Gandaki Valley, Dhaulagiri
and the Annapurna Mountains.
Our route alongside the mighty Kali Gandaki River passes
between Annapurna 1 and Dhaulagiri, both over 8000 metres
high. Described as the world’s deepest valley, the Kali
Gandaki has for centuries been utilized as a major trading
route through Mustang to the borders of Tibet. At Tukuche
we head off the main trail and head to the spectacular
Dhaulagiri Icefall. As we continue north towards Mustang the
scenery changes dramatically, the riverbed widens and the
landscape becomes barren, dusty and much drier. On reaching
Muktinath we explore its famous Hindu temple and make an
excursion to the base of the Thorung La Pass. Returning to
Jomsom, we will take our flight back.
- Duration of trekking : 13 days
- Grade : Moderate
- Type of Trek : Camping / Tea house
- Recommended season : Spring / Autumn / Winter
- Trekking starting point : Kathmandu / Pokhara
- Trekking ending point : Pokhara
- Maximum height : 3303 m.
- Airport/Hotel/ pick up and drop-off
- All ground local transportation
- Three night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with BB basis.
- Full board meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Necessary Trekking Permit and all national park fees.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- Expert bilingual, government license holder Guide.
- Domestic flight for the guide if required.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Trekking Porter as required (usually 1 porter for 2 members)
- Necessary Trekking equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket.
- Travel Insurance of our staffs.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service, which will be paid by your Travel insurance
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All government taxes, vat and service charges.
- Fare well dinner.
What’s not included
- Nepal entry visa fee, which can be issued on your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport –
- All International airfares
- Travel insurance.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Your personal expenses such as gratuity (recommended), gifts etc.
- Cold drinks and beverages
- Emergency Rescue and Evacuation cost or any types of travel insurance